Pilates Exercise Lifestyle

Pilates Exercise Lifestyle
Pilates Exercise Lifestyle

Welcome to the world of Pilates Lifestyle.Your one stop resource for Free tips, exercises, news about Pilates and Lifestyle. Pilates Lifestyle News is about whats happening within the field of Mind Body practices. We will explore most of the popular practices in this field, for example Yoga,spirituality,Tantra,Health and much more. There will be features on exercise, healthy eating, super foods,sexual health..."how to give your partner ultimate pleasure" ,energy and Vitality.

Wednesday, 28 November 2007

DVDS!!! Can Help You Learn Pilates Exercises..



Can DVDs !!! Help You Learn Pilate's Exercises..

I often hear people say that they want to start Pilate's exercises but “ How do I get started” and what’s the best Pilate's Exercise DVD to buy? Most of these people have work, kids etc to juggle in their daily lives so a good way to get started, would be to start doing something at home using a DVD to help kick off your learning. I still believe the best way of learning is to use a qualified instructor as well but this option is better than doing nothing at all.


As you already know I am a great fan of Pilate's and Yoga, so here’s a bit of background. Most of you probably know Pilate's exercise is sort of similar to yoga body conditioning but can be practiced with the help of machines as well as mat work. It was developed by Joseph Pilate's around the 1920's. In WWI, Joseph Pilate's was in a camp for enemy soldiers and in his time developed his system based on using bed springs to help rehabilitate bedridden patients. So the main difference between Yoga and Pilate's exercise systems is that Pilate's can use equipment but most of its exercises can also be done on a mat without any equipment. Pilate's for me has the slight edge over yoga, in that Pilate's exercise works various muscle groups at the same time. I usually feel quite energised after a Pilate's exercise session and not drained of energy as you might with regular exercise.


Yoga, of course, originates from my country of origin India, you can also find similarities in other exercise systems that originate in the far east. I think some influences might have crossed over as people travelled in between countries and spread these practises. I find yoga really good for the meditation techniques and the breathing but I suppose what I practice now is a mix of both Yoga and Pilate's.


One of my favourite Pilate's beginners DVDs is Pilates Workout for Dummies This is un-intimidating DVD explains Pilate's mat techniques in easy-to-understand language. The DVD is by Michelle Dozois fitness professional for 14 years and Pilate's Method certified instructor. She's the co-owner of Breakthru, a personal training and Pilate’s studio in Pasadena, California.


There is a really great DVD called Yogilates - Beginner Workout . A beginning level yoga class that safely tones, stretches, and relaxes your whole body. Fusing core strength, flexibility, and balance, Yogilates integrates the techniques of Pilate's and hatha yoga for a complete and enjoyable mind/body workout. Created by certified Pilate's and Yoga Instructor Jonathan Urla, this beginning level program is ideal for people of all ages and abilities.


I really like this Yoga DVD called Kundalini Yoga for Beginners & Beyond , Kundalini Yoga for Beginners & Beyond is quickly becoming one of Ravi and Ana's most popular titles. This effective daily maintenance workout features two 25 minute sets which can be done individually or together. Set one, Rise & Spine, will help you maintain a healthy back and raise your energy high! Set two features the 'Five Tibetans,' exercises to keep you supple, youthful and vital for life!

So did the videos and books help me get started…I would say yes and it was because this method of learning was available that that this was possible and then when I knew it was for me I started to look for a teacher and then progressed my learning from there.


I still use videos and DVDs when I am exploring new things to enhance the learning process but I would recommend both as to just using Video’s and DVD for learning, the human touch can help greatly in a lot of ways. The DVDs mentioned, I've bought these as gifts for several people who I know that wanted to get started with Pilate's and Yoga.


Pilate's is really awesome…so if you are still trying to decide, just give it a go!!!


For me Yoga and Pilate's is a great way to start stretching your whole body, getting in shape and the flexibility exercises can help in all sorts of beneficial ways. Meditation-wise, by stretching the body and enhancing the flow of chi , it helps you to build a stable personality and emotions that make it easier for you to succeed on the path to enlightenment.


I find that Yoga and Pilate's exercise also help me a lot in the martial arts that I practice; it’s great for developing strength, power and helps in the cultivation of chi energy.


Until Next time, keep practising the Pilate's Exercises.


Wishing You All Good Health
Barefoot Guru