Pilates Exercise Lifestyle

Pilates Exercise Lifestyle
Pilates Exercise Lifestyle

Welcome to the world of Pilates Lifestyle.Your one stop resource for Free tips, exercises, news about Pilates and Lifestyle. Pilates Lifestyle News is about whats happening within the field of Mind Body practices. We will explore most of the popular practices in this field, for example Yoga,spirituality,Tantra,Health and much more. There will be features on exercise, healthy eating, super foods,sexual health..."how to give your partner ultimate pleasure" ,energy and Vitality.

Monday, 26 September 2011

How To Overcome Laziness And Do The Things You Need To Do

There have been several occasions where I have thrown my Saturday morning TO DO list out the window, in favor of an extra two hours of sleep! (For someone writing a personal development blog, I am bit embarrassed to admit it)
Given the choice of work and sleeping, I am sure many would prefer the latter. It came as no surprise when one of my friends' recently said, “My hobby is sleeping!”

We all struggle with bouts of laziness and for many of us it is a very frustrating. You know what you “should” be doing, when you are doing something totally irrelevant. But sometimes, we are all tempted by another activity, which might be more enjoyable that what you actually have to do!

Laziness is defined as a demoralizing feeling that often results in a cycle of feelings where we question our ability, our drive, our character and even our place in this world.

Given the things that we have to do in a day, whether work or at home, you will no doubt find a couple of things that you don’t feel like doing. Being lazy is what our unconscious minds would rather being doing anyways!

I personally think that we are all entitled to some level of laziness once in a way! However, the power of laziness cannot be underestimated. If it has too much of an impact on your day to day activities, it can be very destructive and crippling.

So at the end of the day, you somehow need to get around to those annoying little tasks that you feel too lazy to get done!

You would have noticed that it’s been a while since I last posted on this blog. Believe me, I have been meaning to write for a long time but I never got around to it. It’s not like I don’t want to write or I don’t have ideas to write about. It’s the feeling of, “I can’t be bothered!”
So today, I told myself that I am not going to watch any movie or TV series until I have published a post on EnhanceLife! (Mine was more of a negative “enforcement” but you get my point)
I came across a productivity software called The Action Machine (The videos provided were impressive!)
However, I was unable to find a trial version on the website. I usually like to try software before I buy it! Then I saw the 8 week money back guarantee, so I went for it.

The Action Machine really forces me to
1. Decide on a set of tasks to do daily (I usually write it down the night before so that I don’t spend too much time, in the morning trying to figure out what to do today!)
2. Allocate a beginning and end time for each task
3. Get the tasks done!

Sometimes, thinking of the negative consequence of not doing what you NEED to do can be really beneficial, to get the task started! This is sort of the “trick” my mother used on me when I was a kid, to get me to clean my room! Her initial attempts, “Shamelle, you have to clean the room today” didn’t get her anywhere. After a while she would say, “Just spend 15 minutes and clean your messy table”. So I thought, it would only take 15 minutes and would satisfy my mother, so I’ll get it done. Of course it didn’t stop there, after about a week she would say, “You have too many cloths lying around, you need to sort all the cloths” etc etc. Before I knew it, the room was clean! No one can make you take action; You have to find the motivation within;
It’s you that need to resist the laid back attitude and avoid finding excuses.

You have to take concerted efforts and push yourself to make some sort of progress each day. It saves time in the longer run and possibly a lot of pain later, if you get it done now!.

Enjoy the Post? Please bookmark it and share it with others.

Del.icio.usDiggReddit Stumble How To Overcome Laziness And Do The Things You Need To Do @EnhanceLife Tweet this!

View the original article here